Undergraduate students are invited to apply for Maryland Sea Grant's Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Estuarine Science. http://www.mdsg.umd.edu/REU
Since 1989, NSF has supported bringing students to conduct individual research projects with a scientist-mentor at either Chesapeake Biological Lab or Horn Point Lab of the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science. This is a great opportunity to conduct research with a mentor and spend a summer by the Chesapeake Bay.
- 12 week program: May 17 to August 9, 2015
- $6,000 stipend plus housing and travel support to and from host institution
- Applications due: February 20, 2015
- Application and guidance http://ww2.mdsg.umd.edu/reu/apply/index.php
- We select undergraduates in diverse disciplines, including engineering, biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecology and marine and environmental science.
- We are particularly interested in supporting talented students from institutions where access to marine science and to research projects is limited and who are from underrepresented groups in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).